The Weekly Thingdown
Thingdown is a weekly roundup of things — objects, products, stuff — that are lately in the news or otherwise of interest right now.
- Remote work: the toy. (My latest Object of the Week for Marker.)
- That Trump statue!
- Meanwhile , the 11-foot, 3500-pound, bronze, Internet-legend Robocop statue seeks Detroit home.
- Fauci donating his “personal coronavirus model” to Smithsonian.
- Haruki Murakami X Uniqlo. (H/T Michelle Legro.)
- “Sidewalk robots get legal rights as ‘pedestrians’.”
- Injectable microscopic robots that “attack tumors.” What could go wrong? (H/T Jean-Luc Bouchard.)
- For some reason, all-peanut-butter Reese’s. (“Kill it with fire,” says Friend of Thingdown Bobbie Gossage.)
- Deep dive on the Molotov Cocktail.
- Merch Madness.
- Architecture-Adjacent Attire for the Urbanist in All of Us. Extremely fun roundup. (H/T Danielle Sacks.)
Follow me on Medium here; follow Marker, where I write about design, brands, and other matters, all in the company of many terrific fellow contributors, here. More about me here; the newsletter associated with my latest book, The Art of Noticing, is here.
Leave your object-related tips in the comments — and have a nice weekend!