- My Object of the Week for Marker: Birkenstocks + Birken Bags = Birkinstocks, the ultimate consumer-culture troll.
- I finally found a facemask design I actually like.
- RIP the Lear Jet. Long an icon of mega-wealth and the high life, it is now considered “cramped and not as luxurious as other planes.”
- Was LAX Jetpack Guy actually an object?
- “Pringles chips are the shape of a hyperbolic paraboloid.” Mathematicians discuss.
- How the stress ball indicts late-stage capitalism.
- Super Bowl LV was attended by 30,000 cardboard cutouts. Fans could pay $100 to get theirs in the stands. Make it stop.
- Need a reason to question humanity? Counterfeit N95 masks.
- Object in progress: the IRL Mute Button. (Links are not necessarily endorsements, y’all.)
Have a nice weekend!